Asthma classification mnemonic
We have provided here asthma classification mnemonic.
Pharmacology mnemonics for bronchial asthma- M B A S I M L A
- If you are thinking about bronchial asthma, you can easily remember cool environment.
- Bronchial asthma have a relationship with cool environment. In summer vacation, Indian people go to SIMLA due to its cool climate (Link). SIMLA is the capital city Himachal Pradesh.
- There is no link between “MBA” and “SIMLA”. But remember both these words. (Keywords- MBA, SIMLA)
Now the Bronchial asthma drug classification mnemonic created by these keywords.
Masters in Business Administration SIMLA
M- Methylxanthines (Bronchodilators)
Ex: Theophylline, Aminophylline
B- beta 2 (b2) sympathomimetic s (Bronchodilators)
Ex: Salbutamol, Salmeterol
A- Anticholinergics (Bronchodilators)
Ex: Ipratropium, Tiotropium
S- Systemic Corticosteroids
Ex: Hydrocartisone, Prednisolone
I- Inhalational corticosteroids
M- Mast cell stabiliser
Ex: Montelukast, Zafirlukast
L- Leukotriene antagonist
Ex: Sodium cromaglycate
A- Anti-Ig E antibodies
Related: Career opportunities after M Pharm Pharmacology
Please share this post to your friends and feel free to drop a comment below.
We have provided here pharmacology mnemonics for diabetes drug classification.
Oral anti-diabetic drug classification:
Pharmacology mnemonics for oral anti-diabetic drug classification- M S D B A T A D S
- If you are thinking about Type-2 diabetes mellitus, insulin resistance is the main problem.
- Physical activity can deal with insulin resistance. Body muscle can effectively use the glucose while doing the physical exercise.
- Cricket is an international game which involves physical activity helpful for diabetics also (Link). Of course every out door game involves physical activity/exercise. For this purpose I used cricket.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni, a famous Indian cricketer. (Keyword(MSD)- M S Dhoni).
- Cricket is played using a bat (Keyword(BAT)- BAT)
- MS Dhoni, a famous Indian cricketer and captain, most deserved player for branding the advertisements (Keyword(ADS)- ADvertisementS)
Now the anti-diabetics drug classification mnemonic created by these keywords. (Mahendra Singh Dhoni, BAT, Advertisements)
Mahendra Singh Dhoni, BAT, ADS
M- Meglitinides/Phenylalanine analouges
D- DPP4 (Dipeptidyl Peptidase-4) Inhibitors
A- Alpha(a) Glucosidase Inhibitors (‘A’ from BAT, written here)
A- Amylin analogues
D- Dopamine 2 (D2) receptor agonist
S- Sodium Glucose Co-transporter 2 (SGLT-2) inhibitors.
Note: M S D drugs enhance the insulin secretion,
B T ( B- Biguanides & Thiazolidinediones) helps to overcome the insulin resistance.
Remaining A A D S drugs miscellaneous drugs having different types of mechanism of action.
I hope by this explanation, you definitely remember the diabetic drug classification forever.
Remember, anyone can make mnemonics, it is not a tough job. But creating a remembering link between mnemonics and its information matters here.